Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving Fun

Here are a few snapshots of the fun we had over Thanksgiving - we got to spend the holiday week at my Grandpa's house in Orem while he was away doing Thanksgiving in California. My sisters were there, and that made it wonderful :) We also got to share the holiday with friends whose families live a ways away, and it was so fun to have them with us as we ate good food, played games, watched good movies, and hiked the Y.
Before the hike - we chose to do it on Thanksgiving day - to work up an appetite and to qualify for pie and goodies later on. H and M wanted it to look like H carried M all the way up the mountain - which H didn't, but is strong enough to make it quite a ways up I am sure!

During the hike at one of our many rest breaks - everyone was so kind to rest often - being 5.5 months pregnant, I was going slower than my usual hike the Y pace (which still isn't very fast). Greg is amazing - he supported me and stayed with me through the whole hike, and practically pulled me up the mountain a number of times when I thought I couldn't make it to the top - hurray for my wonderful husband!

A picture from the top - to prove that we made it!

Greg watching over the mashed potatoes later that night - in my opinion, no one makes mashed potatoes better than Greg does! Greg helped me with the turkey, and everyone pitched in to make the Thanksgiving feast easy and delicious!

Our Thanksgiving family :)

After dinner, H and M decide to break the Turkey's wishbone after picking the meat from the turkey bones. Have you ever heard of this? You make a wish, and then pull, and whoever gets the longer part will have his or her wish come true!

I hope M made a good wish! :)

M and I comparing babies after a full Thanksgiving feast - me, 5.5 months along, and M with a "food baby" (i.e. very full stomach) :)



One of the highlights of the week to me was getting to go to the temple with Greg and my sisters- I love my family! I am so grateful for them!

Below are pictures of our table (sorry they are sideways) - beautifully decorated, with traditional dead flower arrangement from my Grandpa's garden, by M and H and M's friend. We had quite an elegant time, with Grandpa's dishes and such, and thanks to my Dad, who was a founder of our feast. Thank you!





3 comments:

Erin Teichert Barbuto said...

Everything looks so fun and beautiful and tasty! Is there a story behind the dead flower arrangement? (It doesn't need one...it's pretty enough to stand alone.)

Melinda said...

So fun to look at these pictures!

merilee said...

Especially love the dead flower arrangement.