Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Genuine Spinning Wheel (in progress)

Hello! Due to popular request, we're putting up a couple pictures of the progress of our spinning wheel. The smaller thing in the bottom left of this first picture is the flyer, with the bobbin on. 


And here is the wheel, nice and round now, with the axle.


Why are we making a spinning wheel? Well, we just think it's fun. And Michelle got me some "mohair" (that's Angora goat wool) for my birthday to spin into yarn. Someday we'll make a loom too, and maybe raise some goats or sheep or Angora rabbits ourselves (or grow flax). It gives us something creative to do, too, while we're watching a movie.

1 comment:

Erin Teichert Barbuto said...

This is really exciting! It looks great and I can hardly wait to make one myself! I'm hoping that while you're here at Christmas you'll be able to help me on my last copycat project--still have to finish the banjo.