Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas in Wyoming

Greg and I spent Christmas in Wyoming with the Teicherts this year, and had some really fun adventures! Here are a few snapshots of what we all did on Christmas eve day:
We all went offroading/hiking/rabbit hunting in the hills outside of Rock Springs on Christmas Eve day, and had a great time. Look at all that snow! It was pretty cold and windy that day, so we were all bundled up. We had a great time!
The Wyoming hills are really quite pretty in their own way - we all enjoyed hiking among the rocks.



E and J (Greg's sister and brother in law) got their very first rabbit! They have been rabbit hunting before, but had not yet shot one. With E as spotter, and each of us trying to follow rabbit tracks, J succeeded in getting off a clean shot and getting himself his first rabbit! He then skinned it and took out its entrails there on the hill (we didn't take pictures of that though).


We found some fort-like places among the hills as we hiked - the one below looks like a good summer hideout, but I don't think I would want to be there in the wintertime!


Greg and I in the wild Wyoming hills

After J got his rabbit, we all did target practice with his shotgun - do I look fearsome? (I don't think I do - the only way I think I could seem fearsome here is if you were on the opposite hill and knew I was holding the gun - I have poor aim!)
Greg, on the other hand, looks like he knows what he is doing - and he made some very good shots too!





3 comments:

Erin Teichert Barbuto said...

We sure did have a good time, didn't we? It was wonderful to have you guys here and a part of all our adventures!

Jenny said...

that sounds like quite the adventure! We miss you guys!

merilee said...

Now you can run as a Republican anywhere you want, because you look like an official NRA supporter.